Pope Scholarship Program
The John and Betty Pope Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students desiring to study caregiving and family support through the Bachelor of Science in Long Term Care Management degree at Georgia Southwestern State University.
This scholarship program is intended for adult learners (who graduated from high school at least one year ago and have joined the workforce) with ambitions to return to school and complete a four-year college degree. This scholarship is intended to increase one’s knowledge about caregiving and care management through completion of a Bachelor of Science in Long Term Care Management degree. Funding is available to cover up to two online courses for each Fall and Spring academic session. Successful completion of courses with a grade of “C” or better is required with grades checked prior to the beginning of each semester and award of funds. Funding is renewable with a new application due each year.
Acceptance to GSW is required. When applying for GSW acceptance, the student will indicate BS in Long Term Care Management. Applicants for 2019-2020 should submit the following by February 1, 2020.
- Scholarship application form.
- If applicable, work history and experience, including most recent performance appraisal or letter of support from direct supervisor.
- Education history, including (if applicable) official grade transcripts.
- A statement describing your vision of how the knowledge gained in the Long-Term Care Management degree will be of benefit to you.
- One letter of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant academically, professionally, or within the community.