MAKING AN IMPACT TOGETHER
CARE-NET was formed in 1990 when The Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving recognized a need for engagement between professional and family caregivers. Since then, the group has continued to identify the need for caregiver education to address such issues as: problem solving, caring for yourself, managing stress, care management, and development of the “Caring for You: Caring for Me” curriculum.
CARE-NETs are compromised of: community leaders, family & professional caregivers, and professionals in the areas of healthcare, mental health, education, ministry, business communities & government.
Consider joining to share your knowledge of caregiving issues, learn about community resources available for caregivers and advocate for improved caregiver resources. CARE-NETs vast outreach:
- Supports and advises on the work for the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving
- Works for improved caregiver recognition and support in Georgia
- Identifies and studies community caregiving strengths and needs
- Provides a forum for professional and family caregivers to learn to
- work together
- Sponsors events that provide education and training to caregivers according to their interests and needs
- Provides a source of support for caregivers
- Educates the community about caregiving
- Works to assure Quality Care in their local communities
The CARE-NETs honor local caregivers each year with regional and state Caregiver of the Year awards by submitting them to be considered for the Georgia Caregivers of the Year.
We’re accepting nominations for 2020 Caregiver of The Year. The nomination forms can be found on this page in downloadable and online formats.
Another highlight for CARE-NETs is an annual caregiver conference held in each region. These conferences provide information, resources, support, and recognition of the value of all caregivers. To join the CARE-NET near you, click on the link below the map to find your regional coalitions contact information.